COVID-19 Battleford Arena Protocol
Courtesy Town of Battleford
The following are a list of COVID-19 Protocols for the Battleford Arena as of September 8th, 2020. Due to the unpredictability of the pandemic these protocols are subject to change and/ or adjustment. It is the responsibility of each user group to become acquainted with and follow the Battleford Arena Protocols. Each member of the team/user group should be given a copy of these protocols before the start of the season. A representative from each user group must sign a copy of these protocols and return the Parks and Recreation Office prior to the first their first ice time.
- Stay home if you are sick. Those showing symptoms of COVID-19 are advised to contact
the Saskatchewan Health line at 811 for further guidance.
- Masks are recommended for everyone not participating in the activity.
- Rental groups are responsible for tracing, monitoring, and screening their participants upon arrival at the facility. Screening questions can be found online at www.saskatchewan.ca/covid19
- A maximum of 30 people are allowed on the ice surface at this time (coaches, players,
officials etc). For practices/training a maximum of 30 spectators will be permitted. A maximum of 30 spectators/team will be allowed for mini-league play.
- If coaches/trainers cannot maintain physical distancing, a mask should be worn.
- Shared equipment must be cleaned and disinfected by the user.
- Attendees (those not participating in the actual activity) must vacate the facility within 5 minutes after the assigned ice time to allow staff time to disinfect the space prior to the next group.
- All players and participants are strongly encouraged to come fully dressed. Dressing rooms will be available for use, but showers will not be available at this time.
- Maintain physical distancing while in common areas, dressing rooms, and benches.
- Arrive at the facility no earlier than 15 minutes before your scheduled time and exit the facility no later than 15 minutes after your ice time. Those arriving earlier will be asked to wait outside while observing physical distancing.
- To ensure one-way traffic flow while when entering/exiting the ice surface and dressing rooms participants will be asked to enter the ice surface through hallway as normal but will re-enter the dressing rooms through the lobby. (Directional signs will be in place). *Note this does not apply to participants using dressing room 5.
- Immediately following their ice time. Participants are required to wipe down the bench gate latches, water bottle areas and the top of the bench boards with disinfectant. (Disinfectant will be provided).
- Spitting (including seeds, tobacco, and fluids) is not permitted.
- Congratulatory gestures; high fives and hand shakes are not permitted.
- Intentional contact during sport and activities must be minimized where possible.
- Water fountains will not be open
- The first set of bleachers on the West side of the arena will not be open at this time. Bleacher sections will be assigned to each activity group. Bleacher assignments will be on the same whiteboards as the dressing room assignments.
- Must not total more than the maximum gathering limits as per the public health order.
- Should ensure physical distancing between non household members. It is the renter’s responsibility to ensure the maximum number is not exceeded.
- Parents/guardians should not enter the participant spaces – unless needed for player support. The first set of West bleachers will be off limit to spectators at this time.
- Children must be monitored and stay in their seats.
- Spectators, participants, players, staff, coaches and volunteers should try to minimize cheering and whistling as much as possible to control the spread of COVID-19.
- Will clean and disinfect dressing rooms between each rental group.
- Will disinfect nets between activities/user groups.
- Will disinfect all high touch surfaces and washrooms throughout their shift.