- A complete series of ribbons that focus on balance, control and agility skills are taught to achieve a badge in six stages.
- Learning that pertains to hockey, ringette, speed skating and figure skating as well as general recreational skating.
- CanSkate uses nationally-tested and proven curriculum and delivery methods that guarantee skater success in developing stronger basic skills and developing them faster.
- HELMETS ARE MANDATORY.
- Skaters must wear a CSA approved hockey helmet while on the ice, no bike helmets.
- Knee pads and elbow pads are a good idea if you choose.
- Skates should fit just a finger or two bigger to accommodate for growth, bigger than that and skaters will have difficulty balancing.
- Skates should be on the duller side.
- Tie skates loose from the toe to just below the ankle, tighter in the ankle area and looser at the top.
- Skaters need to be able to bend in their skates easily.
- Skate guards are a must-have to protect blades.
- Leisure Time Coop provides our skate needs.
- Leisure Time Sports Jackson Skates to buy according to skating level PDF
- No bulky ski jackets, pants or jeans, that are binding in the crotch area.
- Stretchy is best, lighter jacket adding layers that can be taken off or on as they get warm or cold is best for maneuverability.
- Mitts that fit properly so coaches & program assistants can properly hold the hands of skaters to assist them in their skating is a must.